If you are using Basecamp 3 you can connect your Basecamp account with Workstack. However, before you do it's important to review the following checklist.
- This integration only works with Basecamp 3 accounts.
- You must be the Owner or an Admin of the Workstack account you want to connect.
- Once connected you will only see in Workstack those projects you have access to in Basecamp, so make sure the login details you use have access to all your Basecamp projects.
How to connect an account
- Make sure you are logged out of Basecamp.
- Open the Basecamp 3 settings by clicking Link to other apps from the admin menu at the top-right.
- Click the Enable button.
- Enter the login details of the Basecamp 3 account you want to connect to.
- From the list of Basecamp projects you see check those that you'd like to import into Workstack, then click Sync Projects.
- From the Basecamp Users list invite those people who will also be using Workstack. Note: If Workstack finds a match with an existing Workstack user then they will automatically be connected.
Things to remember once you're connected
Remember this is a two-way connection so updates you make in one system will update the other, and this includes creating and deleting projects.
Most changes are automatic, however, the following updates made in Basecamp require you to Refresh List and Sync Projects in Workstack.
- If you add a new Project in Basecamp.
- If you add a new user in Basecamp.
Things that do not update
- Comments do not currently update between the two systems.
- Notes only update one way from Basecamp to Workstack. Note: Workstack only stores notes as plain text so any attachments or links will not be included.
Can't see the Basecamp Integration link
Only the Owner or an Admin of the Workstack account can see this link.
Can't see projects in Workstack
For new projects that are created in Basecamp you'll need to click Refresh List then Sync Projects before you'll see them appear in Workstack.
Can't see a user in Workstack
Only where the email is matched between a Basecamp and Workstack user will they be automatically imported into Workstack. Otherwise they will need to be invited, to do so just click the Invite button that appears next to their name in the Basecamp User list. Note: If you can't see the user you might need to click the Refresh List button first.
Can't see Todos assigned to a user
If a Todo does not have a start date it will appear in a user's Unscheduled stack - to open that just click the unpinned icon next to their avatar in the Calendar.
Changes are not being updated
If changes are not updating you might need to refresh the Basecamp connection token. Only the Owner of the Workstack account will be able to do this - they'll need to click the Refresh Token button and then hit Sync Projects.
I see my Basecamp projects listed but they are not importing into Workstack
Make sure that the checkbox next to those Basecamp projects you want to import are marked blue before clicking Sync Projects.
I need to disconnect my Basecamp account
Just contact us either using the in app chat tool at the bottom right or send us an email and we'll disconnect the account for you.